In Autumn of 2018 Aust Care Environmental Services where engaged to restore 3 weed infested and over-grown sections of an iconic river system in the south of Brisbane. The work involved;
- Initial clearing of exotic weeds – both via forestry mulcher and follow up herbicide applications
- Initial earthworks and excavations
- Supply of over 485m3 of aged single tub ground mulch
- Supply and planting of over 11,000 native plants
- Design, Supply and installation of erosion and sediment control devices such as jute mesh and coir logs
- All follow up waterings and maintenance
The project reached practical completion ahead of schedule and was done on time and with absolute minimal of fuss with no safety or environmental incidents. Aust Care Environmental Services will continue to maintain these sites and look forward to watching the plants flourish in their new home.