At the end of 2017 and the start of 2018 the Aust Care Environmental Services team constructed an important infiltration basin that is now helping store and polish storm-waters prior to entering a local creek system.
This work involved;
- The set out and leveling of the site in line with the projects engineered drawings and levels
- Clear and grubbing of over 2300m3 of spoil
- Collecting and storing of top soils separately from sub-soils
- The excavation and removing of dumped waste including car bodies, dumped trees, wire and tyres
- Shaping and creation of a long and narrow infiltration basin with engineered 1:3 batters and outlet channel
- Re-spreading and rolling of collected top soil
- Cleaning out of 2 long stormwater pipes
- Supply and installation of 150 lineal m of security fencing, slip rail gates, sediment fencing, slotted drainage pipe, inspection points, gravel, geo fabrics, 150mm diameter rock, cellular confinement systems, aged forest mulch, 1200m2 of turf and over 2800 native tube-stock plants
…..again delivered with the absolute minimum of fuss and with no safety or environmental incidents.